WildBrain is looking for an experienced Pipeline TD to join our Vancouver studio. The Pipeline TD is responsible for developing and maintaining software tools, providing support to artists, and general troubleshooting of the 2D and CG pipeline in a fast-paced, Animation production environment.
This role is set to begin immediately.
We are currently working virtually because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our hiring teams are ready to support interviews via video conferencing, and we are enabling artists to work from home until the studio can reopen. We’d love to hear from you! #stayhomestaysafe!
• Develop pipeline and asset management tools to meet immediate, show-directed production demands, ensuring facility-wide consistency as directed by show and technical supervisors
• Help maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts
• Provide front-line production support across a wide range of disciplines, troubleshoot assets and shots, and help artists with general problem-solving
• Test and validate tools and techniques in production
• Work closely with engineering teams in testing, and releasing new and modified software systems
• Work primarily on tools of a high degree of complexity, requiring broad understanding of the larger pipeline
• Assist junior Pipeline TDs in providing front-line support; resolve complex user errors; guide Pipeline Engineers and R&D with debugging technical issues
• Develop comprehensive knowledge of software and systems; contribute to evolving standards and conventions used in production
• Update documentation for the pipeline and tools to reflect any changes that are made
• Have proficiency in Python and/or Java scripting required
• Are experienced in one or more of Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Harmony, Flash, Katana, Unreal, or similar
• Have the ability to communicate cross-discipline and provide innovative solutions to pipeline issues
• Are detail oriented and strong self-sufficient trouble shooter
• Experience with production database systems
• Experience with C, C++
• 3-5 years relevant professional experience in film, or television and a degree in computer science
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining tools for use in computer graphics
At WildBrain Studios our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure, and work with international partners such as Apple, Netflix, LEGO, DreamWorks, BBC, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and more. We produce high quality Flash, Harmony, and Maya animated series. Aside from awesome projects and partners, WildBrain puts our people first, here are just a few of the ways: